Thursday, December 6, 2012

Footprint


This is a "get to know you" activity, of which we placed items on a cutout of our foot that represented who we are. I have about six different elements to my foot print. I'll start with the background, I painted a scenery of a road, mountains and blue sky because i like to be outside. The little pink Nike shoe on my road has flames coming out of the back of it. that was made with colored pencils. My big glittery "M" represents my job I have at McDonald's, (pays the bills!) The big cup of ice cream shows my love for it. I made the ice cream part actually mixing paint and shaving cream together! This created a cool texture and made it appear to be ice cream. The heart in the upper right side represents my love for my family. This was made using a white crayon and purple water color painted over. Last but not least is my cat drawing down on my heal. This is actually my cat Figaro, who is at home in Washington. It represents how much I love her and cats in general. Not everyone can be dog lovers!

The steps for creating this project was simple:

  • First you trace  the outside of your feet.
  • Next, Draw up ideas that you would like to have put on your foot.
  • Then, create you art.
  • Using different items, and textures makes for a more interesting look than just colored pencil.
This would be a great opening activity to a new year of school. It would be a great way to show off who your students are, so you, and all of them, get to know each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment